• There’s a 40 percent chance of afternoon rain today, with a high near 52 and a south wind 5 to 11 miles per hour. We’re expecting light rain overnight, with a low around 45 degrees. We’re expecting patchy fog and mostly cloudy skies Tuesday, with a high near 55. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 58.
• Deepwater Wind’s new Fisheries Liaison, retired commercial fisherman Rodney Avila of New Bedford, Mass., will be on the East End all week meeting with potential independent fisheries representative candidates for the South Fork Wind Farm off of Montauk. More details are online here.
• Our coverage of the third and final of three PEER forums with the six candidates running for the Democratic nomination to run against Congressman Lee Zeldin this fall is online here.
• Our photos of Community Action Southold Town’s annual Have-A-Heart dinner are online here.
• As part of American Hearth Health Month, Eastern Long Island Hospital will host two seminars on heart health this Friday, Feb. 23. The first will be held at the Southold Town Senior Center on Pacific Street in Mattituck at 11 a.m., and the second will be held at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library at 1 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:16 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Greenport: 12:30 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:15 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:25 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:52 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:59 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:31 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
Greenport: 1:08 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:56 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:30 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:37 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:59 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.