• We’re expecting patchy drizzle before 11 a.m. today, with areas of dense fog before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 54 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy drizzle and some areas of fog overnight, with a steady temperature around 54. Fog is expected to burn off by mid-day Wednesday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 62. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain Thursday, with athetemperature falling to around 43 by noon.
• One of our favorite local doctors, Dr. Blake Kerr, burst onto the film festival scene this past year with his documentary on human rights abuses in Tibet, “Eye Of The Lammergeier.” Our correspondent, Kara Westerman, caught up with Dr. Kerr earlier this winter to talk with him about the film. You can read her interview online here.
• Riverhead Town is looking for residents to serve on the town’s volunteer advisory boards and committees. Committee vacancies are posted online here. For more information, call the Supervisor’s Office at 631.727. 3200 ext. 654. Submit cover letters and resumes to Supervisor@townofriverheadny.gov.
• The Suffolk County Department of Health Services will hold a free flu shot clinic this coming Saturday, Feb. 24 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Riverhead Free Library, 330 Court Street. Anyone older than six months old is recommended to get a flu shot, either at this clinic or at a local pharmacy. For more details, call 631.787.2200.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative, which is creating a Heritage Garden at St. Joseph’s Villa in Hampton Bays, will host a Heritage Gardens Tea on Sunday, Feb. 25 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the site of their new garden. More details are online here. [$20]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:31 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
Greenport: 1:08 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:56 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:30 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:37 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:59 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:14 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:22 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Greenport: 1:51 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:40 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:46 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:13 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:20 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:50 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.