• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 37 but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a northeast wind 5 to 7 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of overnight snow, with a low around 22. We’re expecting snow and sleet before 1 p.m. Tuesday, then rain, snow, and sleet between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., then rain and sleet after 4 p.m., with a high near 34 degrees and winds out of the east. New snow and sleet accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are possible. Skies will clear gradually on Wednesday, with a high near 45.
• The Danish firm Ørsted, which recently bought Deepwater Wind, announced Feb. 8 that they have entered a 50-50 partnership with Eversource, a New England energy company and electric transmission builder. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Suffolk County Comptroller John Kennedy is expected to announce this morning that he plans to run on the Republican ticket for Suffolk County Executive against Democratic incumbent Executive Steve Bellone.
• The Health and Welfare Council of Long Island is holding a free income tax preparation program for people who make under $55,000 per year at the Riverhead Free Library this morning at 11 a.m. to help residents understand the changes to their tax returns under the new tax law that goes into effect this year, especially due to the changes in state and local tax and standard deductions.
• The Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association meets this evening at 7 p.m. at the Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road. They’re slated to discuss the preservation of the historic Goodale House and a boardwalk planned on Reeves Bay, along with the Acadia Center, a skilled nursing facility in Riverhead.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:59 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:07 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Greenport: 2:36 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:13 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:31 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:58 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:05 a.m., 4:21 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:44 a.m., 1:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:15 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:47 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:55 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Greenport: 3:24 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:01 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:19 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:46 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:53 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:29 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.