• The National Weather Service is predicting we’ll see four to eight inches of snow, which began falling late last night and is expected to continue falling until 6 a.m. Friday. We’re under a winter storm warning. They’re expecting winds between 20 and 30 mph, with gusts up to 45 and moderate coastal flooding of two to two-and-a-half feet with tonight’s high tide cycle.
• Most East End schools are operating on a two-hour delay. We’ll update our Facebook page with closings as the weather develops throughout the day.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a special permit for 626 West Main Realty (that’s the BP station on West Main Street), the Second Street Firehouse and code revisions at their 10:30 a.m. work session today. The full agenda is online here.
• The “V-Day, One Billion Rising” event scheduled for tonight at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor has been rescheduled for Feb. 27. More information is online here.
• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone wants YOU to donate blood. A lot of recent blood drives in Suffolk County have been cancelled due to snow and there’s now a critical blood shortage in the county. More information here.
• The Audubon Society’s Great Backyard Bird Count begins tomorrow. Go count the birds. North Fork Audubon is hosting a GBBC event at Inlet Pond County Park in Greenport Saturday. More information here.
And that’s how things look at dawn’s light here today.