This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.13.15
• With the coldest temperatures of the winter expected to hit Long Island over the next four days, the Long Island Red Cross has issued a series of recommendations to keep residents safe from carbon monoxide poisoning when attempting to augment their heating at home. The full report is online here.
• You don’t have to be from Amagansett to be “Mr. Amagansett!” This year’s annual pageant to see which man most embodies the spirit of Amagansett will be held tonight at The Stephen Talkhouse. All proceeds benefit the Donald T. Sharkey Memorial Community Fund. More information is online here.
• The Greenport Fire Department hosts its 170th Washington’s Birthday parade tomorrow, Feb. 14 at 1 p.m. through downtown Greenport. Bundle up before you go out and celebrate!
• North Fork Audubon is inviting the public to learn how to implement skills as a citizen scientist and help Audubon with its Annual Bird Count at the Red House at Inlet Pond County Park in Greenport Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. More information is online here.
• Ahmad Ali and The Double A Band and Soul To Drum with Chris Jay
will be appearing at First Universalist Church of Southold’s Soulful Sundown on Sunday beginning with soup and chili at 5 p.m. More information is online here.
• Don’t forget to plan your weekend (and the week ahead) with The Beacon’s events calendar, online here. And do your friends a favor and share it with them too!
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.