• The New York Department of Environmental Conservation has awarded more than $275,000 in Southern Pine Beetle Community Recovery Grants to five projects in Nassau and Suffolk counties, including in Southampton and East Hampton Towns. More details are online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss alternative energy issues, a status report on the town’s comprehensive plan update and PBA negotiations at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold a public hearing on the town’s coastal contractor code at its 7:30 p.m. meeting this evening. The agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss designs for a new senior community center, special events legislation issues, water quality projects in Sag Harbor, hooking up the EECO farm to Suffolk County Water and the police department’s annual report at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on unsafe and dangerous conditions at 706 Patrick Street in Westhampton, on revising income guidelines for community housing opportunities and on extending the expiration of residential planned development districts at their 1 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The National Estuaries Program is celebrating #iheartestuaries week all week, asking people who live near national estuaries (which include the Long Island Sound and Peconic Estuary) to photograph the bodies of water they love and share the photos on social media, with the hashtag #iheartestuaries. Find more details on our sister website, The Peconic Bathtub.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:17 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:25 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
Greenport: 8:54 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:42 a.m., 10:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:49 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:16 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:23 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:29 a.m., 5:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:57 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:05 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Greenport: 9:34 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:23 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:29 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:56 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:03 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:10 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.