• We’re expecting a slight chance of rain between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Thursday will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 37. Friday will also be sunny and breezy, with a high near 36.
• Immigrant rights advocates are planning to attend town meetings tomorrow, Feb. 16 at 6:30 p.m. in East Hampton and on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. in Southampton to request that local police departments take a stand on whether to honor requests from Immigration & Customs Enforcement to hold suspects for deportation.
• The Rotary Club of Riverhead will host Town Supervisor Sean Walter’s 2017 State of the Town Address tonight, Feb. 15 at 5:30 p.m. at the Birchwood Restaurant, 512 Pulaski Street in Riverhead. The cost to attend the dinner is $30 per person. For more information or reservations and tickets, contact Beth Hanlon at 631.727.1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Peconic Land Trust has announced the kick-off of “Long Island Grown IV,” its annual conversations with local farmers, food and beverage producers and chefs at Bridge Gardens in Bridgehampton. More details are online here.
• The Suffolk County Historical Museum will be hosting an African-American genealogy workshop tomorrow night, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m., just one of several African-American History Month events in the days ahead. More details are online here.
• “Brush Strokes For The Bays” returns to the Southampton Arts Center tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. — a three-month series of art sessions that benefit Cornell Cooperative Extension’s “Back to the Bays” initiative. More details are online here. [$40]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: noon
Orient: 12:38 a.m., 1:01 p.m.
Greenport: 1:06 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 1:01 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 2:28 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
S. JPT: 2:35 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:10 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 12:26 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Orient: 1:27 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Greenport: 1:55 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 1:50 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 3:17 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
S. JPT: 3:24 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:56 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.