• We’re expecting rain before 4 p.m, today, mixing with freezing rain and sleet overnight, with little or no ice accumulation now expected. The temperature was in the high 40s at daybreak, but will fall to around 31 degrees by 5 p.m., with wind chill values between 25 and 35 and a southwest wind 10 to 13 miles per hour, becoming north in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Freezing rain and sleet are expected to taper off after 10 p.m., with cloudy skies overnight and a low around 20. Saturday will start out mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 26. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 32.
• The Federal Aviation Administration is pushing back against East Hampton Town’s plan to deactivate its municipal airport at the end of February and reopen in early March as a “private use” airport, stating that the process will likely take longer than the town envisions. Read More.
• The Hamptons Doc Fest’s program celebrating the talent of two African American artists at the Parrish Art Museum tonight has been rescheduled to March 4 due to inclement weather. Read More.
• The Southampton Arts Center’s new show “Outcropping — Indigenous Art Now,” is still slated to open today — the museum is open Fridays through Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. Read More.
• Sag Harbor’s HarborFrost celebration is tomorrow. Here are the details.
• Suffolk County reported 626 new cases of Covid-19 on Wednesday, Feb. 2, with 5.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 440 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 62 of them in ICU. The county reported eight new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 4,232 people since March of 2020.
• The Sag Harbor Fire Department at 1357 Brick Kiln Road will hold a New York Blood Center blood drive from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. today. Appointments are recommended, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:13 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:21 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Greenport: 11:50 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:28 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:45 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:47 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:54 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:29 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:38 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:09 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
Greenport: 12:16 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:15 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:11 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:38 a.m., 2 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:45 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:17 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:26 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.