This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.9.19
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 71 degrees and a northeast wind 8 to 10 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 58. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72 and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79.
• Actor Siobhan O’Loughlin’s one-woman immersive theater project “Broken Bone Bathtub” began its global journey in Tokyo in 2015, and is coming to East Hampton Sept. 12 through 22, where intimate audiences of 10 will gather at Guild Hall and walk to a nearby performance site in a bathtub in an actual home. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• As of Sept. 3, the community is now invited to enroll in annual memberships for the Community Pool at the Northampton Campus of Suffolk County Community College. More details are online here.
• East Hampton Town’s Energy Sustainability Committee will be hosting two public information forums for East Hampton residents and local business owners to learn how Community Choice Aggregation of electric power could benefit them on Tuesday, Sept.10 and Monday, Sept. 16 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at East Hampton Town Hall. More details are online here.
• The 14th Annual 10X10=100 Art Show and Sale, which annually benefits the North Fork Environmental Council and WPPB, Peconic Public Broadcasting, is moving this year from the South Street Gallery to VSOP Gallery at 311 Front Street in Greenport. Submissions are being accepted now. More details are online here.
• The Stony Brook Small Business Development Center will be hosting “The ABCs of Starting a Technology Business” on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Southampton’s Rogers Memorial Library. Admission is free, but registration is required, online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:21 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:29 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Greenport: 7:58 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:44 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:53 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:20 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:27 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:12 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:21 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:07 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:15 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Greenport: 8:44 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:35 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:06 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:13 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:09 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:18 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.