This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.10.19
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76 degrees and a southeast wind 3 to 7 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 62. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79 and Thursday will also be partly sunny, with a high near 79.
• East Hampton Town’s Energy Sustainability Committee will be hosting two public information forums for East Hampton residents and local business owners to learn how Community Choice Aggregation of electric power could benefit them on both this evening and Monday, Sept. 16 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at East Hampton Town Hall. More details are online here.
• Blood supplies are at low levels throughout the region, and the Riverhead Fire Department at 540 Roanoke Avenue is responding by hosting a community blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m.
• The Southold Town Board will hear presentations on Suffolk County’s Subwatersheds Wastewater Management Plan, on solar inquiries at the Cutchogue landfill, and on updates to the town’s affordable housing code at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. There are no public hearings scheduled for its 4:30 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the Northwest Fire District substation, an emergency communications update and ADA compliance code changes at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on land acquisitions in Shinnecock Hills and North Sea at their 1 p.m. regular meeting at town hall this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Suffolk County Department of Health Services will hold an opioid overdose prevention workshop on Thursday, Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library. Registration is required at 631.852.5080.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:07 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:15 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Greenport: 8:44 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:35 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:06 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:13 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:09 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:18 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Greenport: 9:25 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:21 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:47 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:54 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:58 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:07 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.