• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 82 degrees and a southwest wind 8 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a 40 percent chance of overnight showers and thunderstorms, with partly cloudy skies and a low around 68. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Thursday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 74. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 69.
The East End is filled with somber remembrances throughout today on the 18th anniversary of the attack on the World Trade Center:
• The North Sea Community Association will hold a remembrance of the attacks this morning from 8:30 to 9 a.m. at the North Sea Schoolhouse at 130 Noyac Road.
• Southold Town will host its annual Sept. 11 memorial service at Jean Cochran Park on Peconic Lane at 4:30 p.m., with a presentation on the history of 9/11, followed by the placement of 2,977 American flags for the lives lost that day at 5:15 p.m. and a ceremony by the Southold Fire Department at 6:30 p.m.
• The East Hampton Sons of the American Legion will dedicate a new Sept. 11 memorial on the grounds of the Amagansett American Legion at 15 Montauk Highway this evening at 5 p.m.
• The Flanders Fire Department will hold its annual Sept. 11 Memorial Service at its Firemen’s Memorial Park at 1459 Flanders Road this evening at 6 p.m.
• The Sound Park Heights Civic Association in Calverton will hold its annual candlelight walk and service beginning at 6:15 p.m. on Marine Street in Reeves Park, proceeding to the Sept. 11 Memorial Park at the intersection of Sound Avenue and Lt. Thomas Kelly Memorial Drive (Park Road), named in honor of a New York City firefighter from Reeves Park and was killed responding to the World Trade Center that day.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Greenport: 9:25 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:21 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:47 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:54 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:58 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:07 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:27 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:35 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
Greenport: 10:04 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:26 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:33 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:41 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:50 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.