• Showers are likely today, mainly after 10 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 72. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 56. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 67, and Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 74.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear a presentation from its industrial development committee, a public safety report and an update on a special permit for a boutique hotel at 331 East Main Street at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear a presentation on the East Quogue public water hookup project at an 11:30 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Southampton Town began work yesterday reconstructing the deteriorated pedestrian path that connects the parking lot to the recently renovated south pier of the Old Ponquogue Bridge in Hampton Bays. The pier will be closed for about a month while the work is completed.
• Actor Siobhan O’Loughlin’s one-woman immersive theater project “Broken Bone Bathtub” is coming to East Hampton this evening, where it will be in residence through Sept. 22. Intimate audiences of 10 will gather at Guild Hall and walk to a nearby performance site in a bathtub in an actual home. More details are online here.
• VSOP Projects and the North Fork Community Theatre are holding an evening of spoken word poetry with internationally acclaimed poet and performance artist Caroline Rothstein this Saturday, Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. at the newly renovated North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck. More details are online here.
• Orient welcomes back a former William Steeple Davis Trust artist-in-residence for a reading from her highly acclaimed debut memoir on Saturday, Sept. 14. Sarah M. Broom’s “The Yellow House” (Grove Press), released this August, has been heralded by New York Times book critic Dwight Garner as a “major memoir of a large family and its beloved home.” More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:27 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:35 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
Greenport: 10:04 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:26 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:33 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:41 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:50 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:07 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:15 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Greenport: 10:44 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:41 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:39 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:20 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.