• Today will be partly sunny, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and a west wind 11 to 17 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 31. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 41 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 38.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will host a panel discussion this evening on “Emergency Preparedeness, Storms & Rising Seas” at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion Hall. More details are online here.
• Working to tackle the racial divide, “United We Laugh” will put comedy and conversation in the spotlight tomorrow, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. at the Riverhead Senior Center in Aquebogue. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Library hosts a forum this Thursday, Jan. 30 at 6 p.m. on a new New York State Law allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses. More details are online here.
The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center at 551 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike will host a lecture titled “Equality Matters in the Hamptons” on Saturday Feb. 1 at 5:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5 p.m.)
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center at 551 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike will host a lecture By Africa-America Institute President Kofi Appenteng titled “Equality Matters in the Hamptons” this Saturday Feb. 1 at 5:30 p.m. to kick off African-American History Month. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:23 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:31 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:37 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:55 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1:03 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:10 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:32 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:41 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Greenport: 12:26 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:17 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:48 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:55 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:13 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:22 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.