This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.27.20
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and a west wind 11 to 17 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 31. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 41 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 38.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will host a panel discussion this evening on “Emergency Preparedeness, Storms & Rising Seas” at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion Hall. More details are online here.
• Working to tackle the racial divide, “United We Laugh” will put comedy and conversation in the spotlight tomorrow, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. at the Riverhead Senior Center in Aquebogue. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Library hosts a forum this Thursday, Jan. 30 at 6 p.m. on a new New York State Law allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses. More details are online here.
The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center at 551 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike will host a lecture titled “Equality Matters in the Hamptons” on Saturday Feb. 1 at 5:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5 p.m.)
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center at 551 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike will host a lecture By Africa-America Institute President Kofi Appenteng titled “Equality Matters in the Hamptons” this Saturday Feb. 1 at 5:30 p.m. to kick off African-American History Month. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:23 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:31 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:37 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:55 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1:03 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:10 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:32 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:41 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Greenport: 12:26 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:17 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:48 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:55 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:13 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:22 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.