• We are under a dense fog advisory this morning, and the National Weather Service says to expect visibility of less than a quarter mile on the roads through 8 a.m. • The new Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill has been winning accolades from designers since it first opened in the fall of 2012. This month, Travel + Leisure magazine added their voice to the fray, naming the Herzog & de Meuron-designed museum their “Best Museum” of the year.
“In the land of riches that is the East End of Long Island, the Parrish is a building brave enough to be humble,” they say in their write-up on the museum “The line it draws in an open meadow is striking in its simplicity; inside, the central corridor is flanked by galleries, while a wide, covered terrace at one end extends a friendly invitation to step into a world of American art.”
• Today is closing day for the North Fork Community Theatre’s production of “Steel Magnolias” in Mattituck. Their final matinee is today at 2:30 p.m.
• In case you missed the news, East Hampton is backing out of a contract with the Long Island Farm Bureau to have USDA sharpshooters cull their deer herd.
• The Riverhead Farmers Market had a slam-dunk opening day yesterday. The Beacon’s photos and videos are online here.
• Our week in pictures is live here.