• We’re expecting rain after 11 a.m. today and a high temperature near 42 degrees, with an east wind 13 to 20 miles per hour, with gusts to 31. It’s expected to rain overnight, with a steady temperature around 39. Tomorrow, we’re also expecting rain all day, with a high near 55 degrees. The rain will taper off on Thursday, but it will continue to be mostly cloudy, with a high around 48 degrees.
• The Village of Greenport will be performing electric service maintenance that will require service interruptions this Friday morning, Feb. 26, beginning at about 3 a.m. The village expects that no customer will be without power for more than one hour, but they’re urging anyone using medical equipment that requires electric power to make arrangements so they will not be without power during that time.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the town’s proposed Water Protection Plan and on the Bridgehampton Gateway zoning change request at their 6 p.m. meeting this evening. The board is also expected to vote on a resolution adopting the Water Protection Plan as an element of the town’s Comprehensive Plan. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss nature preserve management plans, town budget issues, the town’s debris management plan and programs at Cutchogue’s Olde Towne Arts & Crafts Guild at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. They will hold a public hearing on the town’s Cablevision contract at their 7:30 p.m. meeting this evening. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Southampton Trails Preservation Society meets this morning at 11:30 a.m. for a brisk 5-mile hike beginning at Edge of Woods Road in Southampton. More information is online here.
• JDTLab at Guild Hall in East Hampton presents a free staged reading of “My Girl,” playwright Judy Spencer’s look at romance and sexuality in life’s later acts, tonight at 7:30 p.m. More information is online here. [Free]
• Community members who are working to restore the Greenport American Legion’s roller skating rink are hosting a fundraising dinner today at Skippers Restaurant from noon to 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 and there will be a 50/50 raffle. For more information, call 631.477.2242.
• Southampton Hospital hosts a blood drive this Thursday, Feb. 25 from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Donors are being asked to bring a valid photo ID and be between the age of 16 and 76, in good health, weigh over 110 pounds and have not had tattoos within the past 12 months. If you have questions about eligibility, call 1-800.688.0900. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.