This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.24.20
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 51 degrees and a south wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 38. Tuesday will be cloudy, with a high near 46 and a light rain likely, mainly after 1 p.m. Wednesday will also be cloudy, with a high near 48 and rain likely, mainly after 1 p.m.
• Drawdown East End presents a discussion on changes that can be made to make our power grid more resilient in two sessions at Southampton’s Rogers Memorial Library this week. It begins with an introduction to Drawdown this morning at 10:30 a.m., followed by a session on the power grid at noon. The power grid discussion will be repeated on Wednesday at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will hold a forum this evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion on Dark Skies initiatives and Southold’s lighting code. More details are online here.
• The Riverhead Central School District Board of Education and administration is reminding all residents that the district will be holding its bond vote to raise funds for expansion tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 25, from 6 a.m to 9 p.m.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to the monthly print edition of the East End Beacon to receive the February edition through the U.S. Post. Our print subscriptions support much of the work we do, and you’ll read many of our stories in print before you read them online here!
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:17 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:25 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Greenport: 10:54 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:50 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:49 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:02 a.m., 12:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:27 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:36 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:58 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:06 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Greenport: 11:35 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:10 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:30 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:36 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:43 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:04 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:13 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.