• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 38 degrees with wind chill values between 20 and 25. We’re under a high wind warning until 6 p.m. today, with a west wind 25 to 34 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 60. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 22. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 33, and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 33.
• Concerned Citizens of Montauk is partnering with the Town of East Hampton to host a septic rebate question session this morning from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the CCOM Office, 6 South Elmwood Avenue, Montauk. Residents are welcome to drop in any time during those hours to ask questions about town and county rebate programs.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative is holding a screening of the award-winning documentary “Normal is Over,” about humanity’s wisest response to climate change, species extinction, the depletion of critical natural resources, income inequality, and industrial control of our food production, tomorrow evening, Feb. 26 at 7:30 p.m. at the Hampton Bays UA cinema. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society and the North Fork Environmental Council are teaming up this Thursday to plan how to reduce single-use plastics on the North Fork, with a public forum at 6:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. More details are online here.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to our print edition to receive the March issue through the U.S. Mail. Print subscriptions are the primary way we fund our work, and you’ll read many stories in print before you read them here! Subscribe online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:05 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:13 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Greenport: 2:42 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:34 a.m., 4:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:37 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:04 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:11 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:21 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:50 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:14 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Greenport: 3:43 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:31 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:38 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:05 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:12 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:13 a.m., 2:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:22 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.