This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.26.18
• We’re expecting patchy fog before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise skies will gradually clear, with a high near 54 degrees and a west wind 5 to 11 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 28. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 51, and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
• Our correspondent Jo-Ann McLean returns this month with a talk with Orlando Garbanzo of Orlando’s Café in Hampton Bays, which she calls “a sort of egalitarian DMZ, where rich weekenders, working poor, legal, undocumented, Christian, Jew, Muslim and dare I say, Republican and Democrat, can come together in complete parity.”
• The Riverhead Town Board has rescheduled a public hearing originally scheduled for January on whether a new partnership between Luminati Aerospace and national shopping center developers the Ghermezian family are qualified and eligible to buy more than 1,600 acres of land at the Enterprise Park at Calverton for tomorrow evening, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. at Riverhead Town Hall.
• Mets Icon, Mets Hall Of Famer and frequent visitor to Eastern Long Island Ed Kranepool is Searching For A New Kidney. If you can help, please contact: Stony Brook Kidney Transplant – Stony Brook NY at 631-444-2209 or Mary at 631-638-7993. Ed played 18 years with the Mets, the all-time leader in games played. He appeared in two World Series, in 1969 and 1973, and, at age 20, he played in the 1965 All Star Game.
• The Beacon’s March edition will be on newsstands later this week. Subscribe today at this link to be added to our mailing list for the March edition, or pick up a copy on one of more than 60 newsstands throughout the East End.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes across the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:23 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:31 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
Greenport: 7 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:45 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:55 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:22 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:29 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:30 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:18 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:26 a.m., 6:47 p.m.
Greenport: 7:55 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:46 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:50 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:17 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:24 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:35 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.