• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 67 degrees and a south wind 8 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 59. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Wednesday, with mostly sunny skis and a high near 83. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• The Southold Town Civic Associations and the Southold Town Board are holding a virtual public meeting this evening at 6:30 p.m. to discuss limiting the size of houses in Southold Town. Here’s more info.
• On Friday May 28 from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m., in observance of National Poppy Day, Southold’s American Legion Auxiliary Post 803 at 51655 Main Road in Southold will distribute the traditional paper poppy in drive-thru fashion. They’re asking attendees to use the Tucker Lane entrance. Their Memorial Poppy Field will be on display, and 100 percent of donations go directly to help veterans.
• In the interest of fostering communication between police and all members of the community, the Riverhead Anti-Bias Task Force will present Synergy; an open conversation between Riverhead residents and members of the Riverhead Police Department on Monday, June 7 at 7 p.m. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 57 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, May 23, with 0.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 104 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 25 of them in ICU. The county reported two new deaths, bringing the death toll here to 3,388 people.
• Today is the last day to sign up to receive the June monthly print edition of the East End Beacon delivered via the U.S. Mail. You’ll read many of our stories in print before you find them here, and print subscriptions support much of the work we do! Thank you. Sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:22 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:30 a.m., 8:51 p.m.
Greenport: 9:59 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:54 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:21 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:28 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:36 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:45 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:14 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:22 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
Greenport: 10:51 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:55 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:46 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:29 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:38 a.m., 8:02 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.