• The East Hampton Clean Sweep beach cleanup scheduled for this weekend has been postponed until next weekend, due to all the snow covering the trash on the beaches. It will be held instead on Saturday, Feb. 15, at 9 a.m. Prospective volunteers can sign up by clicking on the Shoreline Sweep tab at imaginationnature.com , or by emailing organizer Dell Cullum at email@example.com or East Hampton Town Litter Committee Chair Deb Klughers at firstname.lastname@example.org. After the sweep, at about 2 p.m, participants will meet at the American Legion on Montauk Highway in Amagansett for refreshments.
• Parents from the Peconic Community School in Aquebogue are hosting a pajama dance party, karaoke and craft night at the school on the evening of Valentine’s Day from 5 to 9 p.m. so that parents can have a romantic night out alone. This program, which is a fundraiser for the school, costs $20 for the first child and $10 for each additional child. RSVP to email@example.com. The school is located at 269 Main Road in Aquebogue at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church. All children are welcome.
• Prospective playwrights, composers, poets and other performance artists have one week left to submit work for The Apron Strings Project, a weekend of performances opening May 2 at the Vail-Leavitt Music Hall in Riverhead to raise money for The Retreat. Submissions will be accepted through Feb. 14.
• East End Arts in Riverhead is holding a juried art and poetry show focusing on the use of shadow at their Riverhead gallery opening March 15. They’re accepting poetry submissions via email between Feb. 18 and Feb. 25 and art entries on March 6, 7 and 8 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the gallery. More information on the show is online here.
• Don’t forget to use The Beacon’s event calendar to help you plan your week ahead.