• Today will be sunny, with a high near 33 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a northwest wind 10 to 16 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 17. We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day Friday, with a high near 35. There’s a 40 percent chance of afternoon rain Saturday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.
• Representatives of Southold Town and Suffolk County are skeptical of either agency playing a role as the local partner in a $14.6 million U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project to shore up Hashamomuck Cove, and Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell says he plans to hold a meeting with homeowners within the next couple of weeks to discuss forming a special taxing district to allow property owners to pay for the local share of the project. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southampton Town’s Opioid Addiction Task Force will hold a “Medical/Treatment Forum” to help stop the opioid crisis this evening, Feb. 8, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Parrish Hall at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital. For more information, contact Connie Conway in the Southampton Town Supervisor’s Office at email@example.com.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear an update on the town’s plan to get all its energy from renewable sources by 2025, discuss a proposed Community Housing Opportunity Fund and hear an update on a community survey on a proposed Shinnecock Canal Maritime Park at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the town audit and the merging of the town’s senior and recreation departments at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Library will hold a job fair tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 9 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All are welcome and no registration is required. If you are in need of proper interview attire, call Career Couture at 631.853.6769.
• Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library will present an opening reception for Garance’s Art4You Group Exhibit this Saturday, Feb. 10 from 5 to 7 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:03 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:11 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
Greenport: 4:40 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:23 a.m., 5:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:35 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:02 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:09 a.m., 6:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:10 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:04 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:12 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Greenport: 5:41 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:20 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:36 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:03 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:10 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:02 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.