• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high near 35 degrees but wind chill values between 5 and 15. It will be cloudy overnight, with a temperature rising to around 38 by 5 a.m. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain, mainly after 10 a.m. Saturday, with a high near 49. We’re expecting rain Sunday, with a high near 51 degrees.
• The Riverhead Town Board has rescheduled a public hearing on whether a new partnership between Luminati Aerospace and national shopping center developers the Ghermezian family are qualified and eligible to buy more than 1,600 acres of land at the Enterprise Park at Calverton. The hearing will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. at town hall. It was delayed from Jan. 17 due to inconsistencies in the name of the Ghermezians’ limited liability company.
• Montauk Observatory will hold a star party at the South Fork Natural History Museum on the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike this evening from 6:15 to 8 p.m. MO astronomers will be in the field with telescopes and attendees are welcome to bring their own telescopes as well. All are welcome to attend.
• Northeast Stage will hold a benefit performance in Greenport tomorrow, Saturday, Feb. 10 for local actor Kevin Monsell, a beloved member of the North Fork theatre community who was recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. More details are online here.
• The East Marion Community Association hosts its annual Cabin Fever Potluck and Coat Drive to benefit CAST tomorrow, Saturday, Feb. 10 at noon at the East Marion Firehouse. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Find out more in The Beacon’s events calendar, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:04 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:12 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Greenport: 5:41 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:20 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:36 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:03 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:10 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:02 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:09 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Greenport: 6:38 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:16 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:33 a.m., 7 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:07 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:57 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.