• Skies will gradually clear today, with a high near 44 degrees, but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a west wind 15 to 20 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 26. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 39, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 40.
• The New Suffolk School Board postponed a planned March 27 vote to send its students to other districts Wednesday night, announcing that it has reached a verbal agreement with teacher Martha Kennelly that may allow the school to remain open next year. The Beacon’s exclusive story is online here.
• You know you’re going to smile when you get a chance to spend some time with the crew of the good old Peanuts cartoons, and it certainly helps when you get a great group of earnest young actors together to put on a show like “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown.” The North Fork Community Theatre’s production of this show continues for the second of three weekends tonight. Read our review and see our pictures online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss an update on the board’s Tri-Board meeting from February and hear details of a special permit application from 1535 Route 58 LLC at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board has rescheduled its March 13 meeting to this morning at 10 a.m., due to snow. The board will hold public hearings on changes in policy for town-sponsored activities on property acquired with CPF funds and on unsafe and dangerous conditions at 19 Robinson Road in North Sea. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board meets tonight at 6:30 p.m. There are no public hearings on their agenda, which is online here.
• The North Fork Reform Synagogue will hold a community discussion on “Tikkun Olam and America: A Nation of Immigrants” at Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library this Sunday, March 18 at 2 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:38 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Greenport: 10:07 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:55 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:02 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:29 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:36 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:40 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:16 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Greenport: 10:45 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:35 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:40 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:19 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.