This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.30.17
• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of rain before 8 a.m. today. Otherwise, it will be cloudy through mid- morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 76 and a north wind 13 to 20 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 31. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 58. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon Thursday, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 70 degrees.
• The Beacon’s environmental correspondent, Glenn Jochum, recently captured a rare interview with the Southern Pine Beetle. You can read their discussion online here.
• Mambo Loco performs a free outdoor concert in Southampton’s Agawam Park tonight at 6:30 p.m., while the Greenport Band performs tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Silversmith’s Corner in Southold.
• The North Fork Environmental Council has announced they will hold a forum titled “All Water is Connected and We Are All Connected To Water” tomorrow, Aug. 31, at 6:30 p.m. at Southold Town’s Peconic Lane Recreation Center. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Also tomorrow, Kevin McAllister of Defend H2O presents Living on the Edge in the Face of Climate Change at John Jermain Library at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative is also holding a program titled “Rethinking Communities: Mapping History, Culture & Ecology” tomorrow evening, Aug. 31 at 6 p.m. at The Quogue Library. More details and registration information are online here. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:16 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:24 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
Greenport: 4:53 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:41 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:48 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:15 a.m., 6:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:22 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:19 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:27 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Greenport: 5:56 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:37 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:51 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:18 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:25 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:11 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.