• Today will be sunny, with a high near 73 degrees and a north wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain after midnight, with a Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 66 degrees, and a 50 percent chance of rain, and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 72.
• East Hampton residents crystalized their hopes and fears about Deepwater Wind’s proposed offshore wind farm 36 miles off the coast of Montauk in a three-hour-long public hearing at LTV’s Wainscott studio May 17. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• We’ve received a letter this week from Riverhead Democratic Party Chairwoman Marjorie Acevedo about Councilwoman Jodi Giglio’s interactions with the company that has proposed to buy 1,600 acres of land at EPCAL. We’re always looking for letters on any topic of local interest, which may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via U.S. Post to P.O. Box 665, New Suffolk, NY 11956.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a special public hearing on the establishment of a Wainscott Water Supply District this evening, May 21, at 6:30 p.m. at East Hampton Town Hall.
• Presenters from the Custer Institute and Observatory will share current thoughts about life beyond Earth and some outdoor viewing through a telescope in a special program tomorrow, May 22 at 6:30 p.m. at the Riverhead Free Library. More details are online here.