• We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies today, with a high temperature near 55 degrees and a 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11 a.m., with a northeast wind 9 to 13 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 44 and a 20 percent chance of showers. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 56 and a 20 percent chance of showers after 11 a.m. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 64 and a northwest wind 7 to 9 miles per hour.
• If anecdotal tales of the difficulties regular people face trying to stay on the North Fork haven’t swayed your understanding of the need for attainable housing here, the data gathered by Southold Town’s consultants and volunteers working on the town’s Community Housing Plan make the problem quite clear, and offer some solutions tailored to Southold’s unique geography. Read More.
• The Greenport American Legion Roller Rink at 102 Third Street in Greenport hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss downtown security cameras and the town police’s April report, a prosed propane storage and distribution center on Edwards Avenue, a proposed special permit to convert a building at 940 Main Road in Aquebogue to a medical office and parking at the Wading River Duck Pond at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, here’s more info on the discussion topics, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a regional water quality summit at its 10:30 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on Sea-TV’s YouTube channel.
• The East Hampton Town Board will continue a public hearing on changes to its accessory apartment code and hold two public hearings on proposed CPF acquisitions at its 2 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel, where a call-in number will be displayed on the screen for people who wish to comment remotely.
• Treiber Farms at 38320 County Road 48 in Peconic hosts Poetico, A Bonafide Poetry Slam this evening from 6 to 9 p.m., featuring Bonafide Rojas, music by Mucho Sterio and spotlights on poets Larrin Gerard + Yabey, Alex Erey and Billy Hands. Donations are encouraged] Follow @fotographicooo on Instagram for more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:46 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:54 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Greenport: 10:23 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:17 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:18 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:45 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:45 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:54 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:25 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Greenport: 11:02 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:59 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:02 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:25 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:34 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.