• East Hampton Town’s Energy & Sustainability Advisory Committee is holding a forum on reducing the community’s use of fossil fuel-based electric consumption Thursday night at 6 p.m. at Town Hall. They’re looking for the community’s help in developing new initiatives to reduce the town’s dependence on fossil fuels. For more information, contact John Botos at 631.324.0496.
• School board and budget votes throughout the East End will be held tomorrow. Information on budgets, candidates and polling places and times is online in The Beacon’s Voter Guide here.
• Consultants working on a vision for downtown Riverhead are holding two open houses to get the community’s input tomorrow at the Suffolk County Community College Culinary Arts Center on East Main Street. The first session will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. and the second session will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• If you worked all weekend, then today must be the beginning of the weekend. You can celebrate tonight at 230 Down in Southampton at the Bobby Nathan Band Summer 2014 Reunion Party at 8 p.m. This is the band’s first gig in New York for the season, and they’re looking forward to reuniting with old friends and East End musicians.
• Have you signed up to be a speller at the Jamesport Meeting House’s first-ever Community Spelling Bee? What are you waiting for? Here’s how.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.