This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.15.22
• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 53 degrees and a light and variable wind. We’ll see increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 38. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain Thursday, with cloudy skies and a high near 51. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets at 6 p.m. this evening. Here’s the agenda for the Town Board meeting, and here’s the agenda for the concurrent Community Development Agency meeting. The meeting can be viewed live here. Two members of the board are unable to attend the meeting, so a special meeting has been called for March 24 to vote on a proposed change to the town’s contract to sell much of the acreage at EPCAL.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a Full Moon Night Hike up to North Pond, listening for nocturnal creatures and trying out some night vision activities, this evening at 7 p.m. Reservations are required, and can be made online here.
• “Ripcord,” David Lindsay-Abaire’s comedy centered on two strong-willed seniors, will be the second play of the Hampton Theatre Company’s 2021-2022 season, opening tomorrow, March 17 at the Quogue Community Hall, and running through April 3. Read more.
• Concerned Citizens of Montauk holds a virtual open house tomorrow at 7 p.m. to discuss Montauk and CCOM’s environmental priorities. Here’s how to participate.
• Suffolk County reported 101 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, March 14, with 2.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 79 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with nine of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities and the death toll here stands at 4,355 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:35 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:43 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Greenport: 10:12 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:58 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:07 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:34 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:41 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:32 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:41 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:11 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:19 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Greenport: 10:48 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:39 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:43 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:11 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:20 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.