• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 44 but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a north wind 17 to 23 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 37. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 20. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 47 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 50.
• New York State’s Public Service Commission voted to approve the transmission cable from the South Fork Wind Farm Thursday, along a route that comes ashore at Beach Lane in Wainscott. Here’s our full story.
• As of Thursday, March 18, 23.2 percent of Suffolk County’s residents, or 343,659 people, had received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, and 183,943 residents had completed their vaccine series. New York State had received 455,365 vaccine doses for the week of March 8 to March 14.
• There were 651 new cases of Covid-19 reported in Suffolk County on March 17, with 3.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 402 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 79 of them in ICU and 21 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported nine new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,185 people.
• The Parrish Art Museum presents Pechakucha Night Hamptons, Vol. 32, discussions about living creatively on the East End with artists and entrepreneurs this evening from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Register online here.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s virtual performance of the murder mystery “Clue” goes live this evening at 8 p.m. Here’s how to order tickets.
• Guild Hall holds a Zoom session with its 90th Annual Artist Members Exhibition Winners tomorrow, March 20 via Zoom. 2 to 3 p.m. Register online here.
• The Watermill Center’s International Artists-in-Residence Yusha-Marie Sorzano and Zoe Hitzig share their works in progress in a free online session tomorrow, March 20, from 2 to 3 p.m. Register online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:33 a.m., 3:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:41 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Greenport: 3:10 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:47 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:05 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:32 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:39 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:22 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:25 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:33 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Greenport: 4:02 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:33 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:57 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:24 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:31 a.m., 6:09 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:02 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:11 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.