• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 68 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5 p.m., with a north wind around 7 miles per hour becoming southeast in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms are likely overnight. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. The low tonight will be around 57. There’s a slight chance of showers Thursday, with mostly cloudy skiea and a high near 72. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76 and a 30 percent chance of showers before 7 a.m.
• We received a great letter this week from 18-year-old Eric Stenzel of Sayville, who wants to see New York pass the Climate and Community Protection Act. It’s online here. The Beacon is accepting letters at firstname.lastname@example.org or at P.O. Box 665, New Suffolk, NY 11956.
• The young artists of the Perlman Music Program on Shelter Island will hold a special free concert tomorrow, May 30 at 7:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• The Arts Center at Duck Creek in Springs is hosting new exhibition, “Hiroyuki Hamada: Paintings,” this weekend, and has a series of concerts adjoining the exhibition throughout the month of June. More details are online here.
• CAST, Southold Town and Suffolk County will hold a discussion on “Resources for Seniors and Caregivers” next Tuesday, June 4 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Clinton Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church in Greenport. More details can be had by calling CAST at 631.477.1717.
• Sag Harbor’s Canio’s Books is getting ready for its Moby-Dick Marathon June 7 through 9, and they’re looking for readers! More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:04 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:12 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Greenport: 7:41 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:20 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:36 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:03 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:10 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:44 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:53 a.m., 4:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:57 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Greenport: 8:26 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:11 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:21 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:48 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:55 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:37 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:46 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.