• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 90 degrees and a light west wind increasing to 8 to 13 miles per hour in the morning. We’re under a heat advisory today through Friday evening, with the heat index expected to make it feel like the temperature is in the high 90s today. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 73. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 85. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday, mainly after noon with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 87.
• The Riverside community will celebrate the groundbreaking of the first major construction project in the Riverside revitalization area this morning at 10 a.m. at the site of the former Riverboat Diner on the Riverside traffic circle, which is slated to become medical offices and workforce housing. Stay tuned for our full story later today.
• Today’s Riverhead Town Board work session has been moved from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., and today’s Southampton Town Board work session has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on several grants of scenic and conservation easements at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton African American Museum with the Eastville Community Historical Society Presents the Renowned Off Broadway Production “Black Angels Over Tuskegee: The Story of the Tuskegee Airmen” tonight at 7 p.m. at Guild Hall in East Hampton. More details are online here.
• Mambo Loco plays the final concert in this summer’s concert series at Hampton Bays’ Good Ground Park this evening at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:07 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:15 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
Greenport: 2:44 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:43 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:39 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:06 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:13 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:21 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:03 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:11 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Greenport: 3:40 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:38 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:35 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:02 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:09 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:14 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:23 a.m., 1 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.