• We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m. today, with mostly sunny skies and a high near 55. We’re expecting increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 30. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 54 and Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.
• The East Hampton Town Board unanimously adopted a resolution declaring a climate emergency March 4, joining more than 1,800 municipalities and nations around the world in pledging to put the impact on the climate first in its decisions, and throwing down the gauntlet to other local towns and school districts to join the cause. Here’s our full story.
• Suffolk County reported 729 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, March 20, with 4.5 percent of people tested testing positive — after several weeks of declining positivity rates since mid-winter the county has plateaued in this range for the past month. There were 388 people hospitalized with the virus, with 76 of them in ICU and 25 percent of hospital beds available.
• As of Saturday, 24.8 percent of Suffolk residents, 367,336 people, had received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, while 195,706 residents were fully vaccinated. In total, 699,790 vaccine doses were delivered to providers in New York State in the week ending Sunday.
• The East Quogue Fire Department at 465 Montauk Highway in East Quogue hosts a New York Blood Center Blood Drive this afternoon from 2 to 8 p.m. Here’s how to make an appointment.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s new virtual performance of the murder mystery “Clue” is now live online. Here’s how to order tickets.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:32 a.m., 6:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Greenport: 6:09 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:27 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:04 a.m., 6:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:31 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:38 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:42 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:51 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:32 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:40 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Greenport: 7:09 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:04 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:31 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:38 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:44 a.m., 5:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:53 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.