• The National Weather Service is saying, as of 4:33 a.m. that “there is a small chance that around six inches of snow could fall from late tonight into Wednesday morning. More likely is that two to four inches of snow will fall, with isolated five inch amounts over the South Fork of Long Island.”
• The Southold Town Board will discuss changing their recycling program, a new proposal for the Soundview Dunes Park and a Farmers Market initiative at their work session this morning at 9 a.m. They’ll hold a public hearing on amendments to the Community Preservation Fund management plan at their 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Agendas for both meetings are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board meets at 6 p.m. today. They’ll be adopting the town’s hazard mitigation plan, authorizing the construction of a community garden at the Crohan Community Center in Flanders and setting a public hearing on regulating drop-off bins (for used clothing, etc.) on commercial property. Their agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will hold a work session this afternoon at 1 p.m. to discuss their homeowner’s handbook and a draft purchasing policy. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge is looking for volunteers to help on Saturday with a mailing from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., or any time in between. Students can get Community Service hours for school. Help for a bit in a room with a GREAT view, then enjoy a walk in the forest! Call 631.653.4771 to let them know if you’re coming.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.