This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.3.18
• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 84 degrees and a southwest wind 11 to 16 miles per hour. There’s a 40 percent chance of overnight showers and thunderstorms, with a low around 74. There’s a 60 percent chance of morning showers and thunderstorms Saturday, with mostly cloudy skies throughout the day and a high near 81. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
• Our columnist Tim Kelly is a bit disheartened with his 2020 presidential campaign. Buck a chap up, will you?
• The North Fork Audubon Society will hold a ceremony dedicating the newly established rain garden and bench at Inlet Pond County Park to Linda Vardy Kedenburg and Maureen Cullinane this Sunday, Aug. 5. More details are online here.
• The Westhampton Beach Historical Society will host a free Civil War Living History Event on the Great Lawn in Westhampton Beach tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. More details are online here.
• East End Beacon Creative Director George Cork Maul and his Hidden City Orchestra will perform a free concert on the New Suffolk ballfield tomorrow, Aug. 4 at 6 p.m. (Rain Date Sunday). We hope to see some of you there!
• The Friends of the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library’s annual book sale is underway today and tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:48 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:56 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Greenport: 3:25 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:15 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:20 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:47 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:54 a.m., 5:32 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:40 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:21 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:38 a.m., 4:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:46 a.m., 3:25 p.m.
Greenport: 4:15 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:06 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:10 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:37 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:44 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:30 a.m., 3 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:39 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.