• The Riverhead Town Board has a slew of discussion items on their 10 a.m. agenda today, including the downtown farmers market, trail signs at EPCAL, the Second Street firehouse and the wind energy code. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Third Annual Great Clovis Point Chili Cookoff to benefit the Group for the East End will be held this Sunday, March 30 at Clovis Point Vineyard in Jamesport. Eight talented home cooks and five professionals will put their best bowl forward in this friendly, fiery competition. Tasting and judging costs $25 per person.
• The Riverhead Central School District will host an informational meeting on the Common Core learning standards tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the high school large group instruction room.
• Opponents of a new overhead electric transmission line from East Hampton Village to Amagansett will hold a rally this Sunday, April 30 at 1 p.m. at the Hook Mill in East Hampton. The Beacon’s full story is online here. Members of Save East Hampton reported Wednesday night that PSEG has cancelled a meeting with East Hampton representatives scheduled for this Friday, and will not reschedule until the town and village “can provide full funding documentation for changes requested.”
• Southold Town has received the go-ahead from PSEG for a 2 megawatt solar array at the Cutchogue Landfill. More information is online here.
• East End Arts in Riverhead has unveiled its summer camp schedule, which is online here. People who register before May 31 receive a 5 percent discount.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.