• Today will start out mostly cloudy, then gradually become sunny, with a high near 57 degrees and a northwest wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 28. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 49. There’s a chance of rain and snow early Friday, followed by a 70 percent chance of rain, with a high near 46. Little to no snow accumulation is expected.
• The Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association will host a discussion with new Southampton Town Police Chief Steven Skrynecki this evening, March 29 at 7 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road. All are welcome to attend.
• This evening, March 29 at 7:30 p.m., WPKN’s East End Ink will present Irish–born actress Kate Mueth, Southampton Press Editor Joseph Shaw and East End Beacon Editor Beth Young in Bloomsday, a tribute to James Joyce’s Ulysses. The program was recorded in June 2016 at Canios Books, Sag Harbor. WPKN is at 89.5 on the FM dial.
• Poet and University of Nebraska professor Stacey Waite whose forthcoming book is “Teaching Queer: Radical Possibilities for Writing and Knowing,” will be the guest speaker at tonight’s edition of Writers Speak Wednesdays at Stony Brook Southampton, beginning at 6:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council will host its third Speaker Series of the year with Louise Harrison of Save the Sound, who will talk about the effort to preserve Plum Island, this Friday, March 31 at 6:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• Next Monday, April 3, the Southampton Town Anti-Bias Task Force will host an Upstander Bias Training session at Southampton Town Hall Auditorium, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton. Networking begins at 5 p.m. followed by training by the New York Civil Liberties Union from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call 631.702.1922.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:32 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:40 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Greenport: 12:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:40 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:04 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:11 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:51 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:21 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 11:29 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Greenport: 12:28 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:26 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:23 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:50 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:57 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.