This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.28.17
• We’re expecting showers today, mainly between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m., with a high near 49 degrees and an east wind around 8 miles per hour. Showers are also likely overnight, with a low around 39. Skies will gradually clear Wednesday, with a high near 56, and it will be sunny Thursday, with a high near 49.
• Friendship is at the core of our experience of the world, a thought that’s exposed with quick dark humor in playwright Gabe McKinley’s “Extinction,” which the Where Are They Going theater group is bringing to East Hampton’s Guild Hall March 30. We caught up with the director and cast of the show last week. You can read our interview online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss a proposal from their wildlife manager, sand replenishment at Town Beach, a parking permit study for soundfront beaches and a solar project at the animal shelter at their 9 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. They have no public hearings scheduled for their 4:30 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board is slated to vote on a zone change for the Speonk Commons affordable housing proposal at their 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss the Goat Hill Country Club, an electric car charging station and a resolution in support of East Hampton Town’s position on helicopters at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Naturalist John Holzapfel will bring his monthly Nature’s Journal to Peconic Landing in Greenport this afternoon at 4 p.m. More details are online here. [Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:46 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 9:54 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Greenport: 11:23 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:22 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:18 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:21 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:28 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:05 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:32 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:40 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Greenport: 12:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:40 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:04 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:11 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:51 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.