Above: Ash Wednesday at Lombardi’s Love Lane Market
• We’re expecting a chance of flurries before 10 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 33 degrees but wind chill values between 5 and 15. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 11. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow after 1 p.m. Friday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 37. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
First, with today’s government business:
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear from the Supervisor for the Day and discuss proposed changes to its special event code regarding the definition of non-profit charity organizations at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear a presentation from the town’s Arts & Cultural Committee and will discuss board member projects at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hear public comments on changes to beach driving legislation and on a proposed CPF acquisition at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• The St. Patrick’s Day parading season starts this weekend with parades in Amagansett, Cutchogue and Westhampton Beach. Here are our listings of St. Pat’s Parades.
• Southold’s Custer Observatory holds a special informational session on choosing telescope eyepieces on Saturday, March 9 at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:25 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Greenport: 11:02 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:52 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:05 a.m., 12:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:12 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:26 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:35 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:03 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:11 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Greenport: 11:40 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:09 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:35 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:44 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:51 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:09 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.