Above: Thursday Dusk in Downtown Laurel
• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high temperature near 36 degrees but wind chill values between zero and 10., with a southwest wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. There’s a . 20 percent chance of light snow tonight, with a low around 26. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 44. We’re expecting rain on Sunday, mainly before 3 p.m., with a high near 48.
• In this month’s Peconic Dish: Alison Boyd takes us on a hearty trip to the Emerald Isle, with a Beef & Guinness stew and a Coffee & Pecan Cake with Bailey’s Buttercream to top it off.
• The St. Patrick’s Day parading season starts this weekend with parades in Amagansett, Cutchogue and Westhampton Beach on Saturday. Here are our listings of St. Pat’s Parades.
• The fifth annual Long Island Regional Seed Consortium Seed Swap, billed by some as the “Woodstock” for seed savers, will be held this Sunday, March 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Suffolk County Community College’s Eastern Campus in Riverhead. More details are online here.
• Sunday will be Community Day at the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill, with art workshops, live music, tours and refreshments from noon to 3 p.m. More details are online here.
• Don’t forget to spring your clocks forward this Saturday night/Sunday morning, and check in with our Events Calendar to get a dose of things to do.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:03 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:11 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Greenport: 11:40 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:09 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:35 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:44 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:51 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:09 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:41 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:49 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
Greenport: 12:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:43 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:21 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:28 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:35 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:44 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.