Above: From the Downs Creek Bridge, Cutchogue
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 44 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35, with a northwest wind 14 to 16 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 19. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 41. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss the New York DEC’s ‘Buffer in a Bag’ program, the Suffolk County sanitary code and a new flexible farmland bond at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board has no public hearings scheduled for its 7 p.m. regular meeting this evening. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss aquaculture, the Montauk hamlet study and an employee pre-tax benefit for transit at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on several CPF acquisitions at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The board also has a resolution scheduled this afternoon on the acquisition of the Belaire Cove Motel in Hampton Bays. The full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss a film shoot, planning board and water advisory council vacancies, parking at 40 North Ferry Road, a medical center and the Center Septic Initiative at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith has rescheduled her Wading River listening tour session for this evening, March 12 at 6 p.m. at the Wading River Congregational Church at 2057 North Country Road. All are welcome to come share their concerns with the supervisor.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:13 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:21 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
Greenport: 2:50 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:38 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:45 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:12 a.m., 4:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:19 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:04 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:50 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Greenport: 3:37 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:27 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:32 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:59 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:06 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:54 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:03 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.