This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.25.16
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 54 degrees and wind chill values between 25 and 35 early. Winds will be out of the northwest at 13 to 20 miles per hour, with gusts to 31. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 32 and wind chill values between 25 and 30. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 50. There’s a 70 percent chance of rain Thursday, with a high near 55.
• “Owing to prevailing and expected weather conditions, El Galeón has extended her stay, is not expected to depart before Saturday, and is available for tours every day,” according to the Village of Greenport, where the Spanish Galleon has been berthed since Oct. 17. Read more about this tall ship in The Peconic Bathtub, online here.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons is hosting a New York State Senate candidate debate tonight, October 25 at 7 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board is hosting its first regular meeting at a satellite location tonight at 6 p.m. The meeting, which includes a public hearing on the town’s 2017 budget, will be held at the town’s Hampton Bays Community Center on Ponquogue Avenue. More details are online here.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell, who recently began to hold evening office hours on Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m., will be devoting his Nov. 2 office hours to answering questions regarding the town’s proposed 2017 budget. The public is also encouraged to attend the budget hearings at either 4 or 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9. To make an appointment to speak with the supervisor, call 631.765.1889.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 5:48 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Orient: 6:49 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Greenport: 7:17 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:12 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:39 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:46 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:48 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:37 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
Orient: 7:38 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
Greenport: 8:06 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:01 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:28 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:35 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:44 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.