• There’s a 20 percent of afternoon showers today, with cloudy skies and a high near 54, with winds out of the southwest around 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 44. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 62. We’re expecting a 60 percent chance of showers on Sunday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 55.
• Suffolk County is looking to make it easier this year for local shellfish growers to sell their products at fairs and farmers markets. Get the details in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The final East End St. Patrick’s Day Parade of the season will be held tomorrow at 1 p.m. in Jamesport. More details are online here.
• The Ladles of Love concert to benefit the East Hampton Food Pantry be held this evening at the Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett, with music, raffles, food from Art of Eating catering and a town supervisor jam with East Hampton Town Supervisor Peter Van Scoyoc and Southampton Town’s Jay Schneiderman. Tickets are $35 and more details are online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center continues its Oscar Spotlight Films series this evening at 7 p.m. with “Minding the Gap, filmmaker Bing Liu’s search for correlations between his skateboarder friends’ turbulent upbringings and the complexities of modern-day masculinity. Tickets are $10. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:42 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:50 a.m., 5:26 p.m.
Greenport: 6:19 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:57 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:14 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:41 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:48 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:27 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:36 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:44 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:52 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
Greenport: 7:21 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:58 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:43 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:50 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:25 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:34 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.