• Today will be sunny, with a high near 85 degrees and a west wind 9 to 11 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 22. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 57. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 82, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• The 87th Annual Springs Fisherman’s Fair is this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with music, food, crafts, activities for kids and the first ever Clam-Shucking Contest at high noon. More details are online here.
• The Southold Historical Society will hold an ice cream social tomorrow afternoon from noon to 4 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Red Door Chamber Players will hold a special concert titled “Dueling Duos” tomorrow at 3 p.m. at Riverhead’s Vail-Leavitt Music Hall. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door, and more details are online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center holds an outdoor Silent Disco — with dance music piped in through individual headphone sets, on Saturday from 8 to 11 p.m. Admission is free. More details are online here.
• Wildlife expert Dell Cullum will discuss “Encounters with Opossums and Racoons” as part of the Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt’s Sundays at 2 lecture series on Sunday at 2 p.m. Admission is free, and more details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:41 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:49 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
Greenport: 6:18 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:08 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:13 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:40 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:47 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:32 a.m., 5:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:41 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:44 a.m., 7:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:52 a.m., 6:19 p.m.
Greenport: 7:21 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:09 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:43 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:50 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:32 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:41 a.m., 4:16 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.