• We’re expecting rain today, mainly after 3 p.m., with a high temperature near 61 degrees and a calm wind becoming south around 6 miles per hour in the afternoon. Rain will continue overnight, with a low around 46, and into Saturday, when the high will be near 53. Rain is expected to taper off Sunday morning by around 9 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies throughout the day, and a high near 55.
• Bay Street Theatre’s Eighth Annual Title Wave New Works Festival opens this evening and continues throughout the weekend, presenting new dramatic works and musicals on the theater’s Sag Harbor stage. Here are more details.
• The Bridgehampton Fire Department at 64 School Street hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2 to 8 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• Harpist Parker Ramsay performs at the Parrish Art Museum, 279 Montauk Highway in Water Mill this evening at 6 p.m. Integrating contemporary music and historical performance, Ramsay’s work defies easy categorization. Equally at home on modern and period harps, he invigorates the existing canon while delving into new and underperformed works. Tickets range from $15-$25 and are available at parrishart.org.
• Peconic Landing’s 16th Annual John May Mile and 5K Race to benefit the Greenport Fire Department will be held tomorrow, Saturday, May 7, rain or shine. Here’s more info.
• The Jamesport Meeting House hosts an evening of Hayden and Schubert performed by members of the New York Philharmonic this Saturday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets range from $20 to $50 and are available online here.
• The New Suffolk Waterfront Fund’s plant sale originally scheduled for Saturday morning will instead be held on Saturday, May 14 from 10 a.m. to noon, due to rain in the forecast.
• Beacon editor Beth Young will be among the panelists on “Behind the Headlines” on 88.3 WLIW-FM tomorrow morning, May 7 at 10 a.m. Tune in to hear the latest news of the week, or catch up by streaming it here after the broadcast.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:16 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:24 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Greenport: 2:53 a.m., 3:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:29 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:48 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:15 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:22 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:58 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:07 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:10 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:18 a.m., 3:02 p.m.
Greenport: 3:47 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:18 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:42 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:09 a.m., 5:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:16 a.m., 6 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:45 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.