• Today will be sunny, with a high near 32 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a southwest wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 17. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 28. There’s a chance of flurries before 1 p.m. Thursday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 30.
• The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has listed the Hampton Bays Fire Department as a state Superfund site, due to lingering contamination from PFOA/PFOS, compounds found in firefighting foam. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Riverhead Fire Department, located at 540 Roanoake Ave. in Riverhead, is holding a community blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a shellfish hatchery/nursery consolidation grant, the Amagansett and Wainscott hamlet studies, music permits and ethics law changes at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at town hall. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Suffolk County Legislature is holding several important public hearings at the County Center in Riverside at 2 p.m. this afternoon. The first would prohibit the sale of marijuana in Suffolk County if New York were to approve legalization of recreational marijuana. Three local laws on pollution, including requiring the use of biodegradable products by businesses, banning single-use plastics in county parks and making plastic straws and stirrers available “by request only” are also on the agenda. More details are online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this evening at 6 p.m. The board will hear several hearings on stop sign and yield sign changes throughout town. More information on the hearings is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:08 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:16 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Greenport: 9:45 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:38 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:40 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:07 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:14 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:14 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:23 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:46 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:54 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Greenport: 10:23 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:15 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:18 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:45 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:51 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.