• It will be partly sunny today, with a high near 44 degrees and a west wind 13 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a slight chance of snow showers tonight, with a low around 25 degrees. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain and snow showers Friday morning, and a slight chance of rain showers Friday afternoon, with a high near 42. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
• East Hampton Town’s Fisheries Committee has selected Captain Julie Evans, who has worked on commercial and charter boats out of Montauk for decades, to be the Fisheries Representative working for local fishermens’ interests with regard to Deepwater Wind’s proposed South Fork Wind Farm project off the coast of Montauk. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the format for the continuation of the qualified and eligible hearing for CAT, the proposed developer of EPCAL and hear status updates on town parks and the water district administration building roof at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a request for proposals for the Riverside Maritime Trail Park, Economic Opportunity Zones established by federal tax law and a study of Mill Pond in Water Mill at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Oceana New York, Group for the East End, & Surfrider Foundation – Eastern Long Island Chapter will host a a free screening & discussion of “Shore Stories,” six short films that highlight the grassroots resistance to offshore oil drilling taking place across the United States this evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Southold Free Library. More details are online here.
• The Suffolk County Historical Society will hold a day-long symposium this Saturday, March 10 on “Long Island and the Great War.” More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:20 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:28 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Greenport: 2:57 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:45 a.m., 4:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:52 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:19 a.m., 4:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:26 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:01 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:20 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:28 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Greenport: 3:57 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:39 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:52 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:19 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:26 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:28 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.