• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 39 and a northwest wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain and snow overnight, with a steady temperature around 34. Rain is likely Tuesday, with a high near 45. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers Wednesday, with a high near 53.
• This evening, Feb. 6, the Westhampton Beach Fire Department will be hosting a NARCAN training session and prescription drug disposal at the Westhampton Beach Firehouse at 92 Sunset Avenue at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend. The event is sponsored by Suffolk County Legislator Bridget Fleming, County Executive Steve Bellone, Suffolk County Department of Health Services, Westhampton Town Police, Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office, HUGS, Inc., Thomas’ Hope and the Westhampton Beach Fire Department.
• A bill supported by Congressman Lee Zeldin to provide a new zip code for the hamlets of Flanders, Northampton and Riverside last year expired due to lack of a senate sponsor, but Mr. Zeldin and a bi-partisan group of congressman on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee re-introduced the bill last week. The bill is online here, and the section on the zip code is Sec. 211 on page 89.
• Southampton Town’s final public hearing on a planned development district for “The Hills at East Quogue” will be held tomorrow, Feb. 7 at 6 p.m. in the town hall meeting room.
• Southold Town has just unveiled a new, mobile phone-friendly update to the town’s website. Take it for a test drive here.
• Southampton Hospital has almost reached its goal of raising $16,000 for tick-borne disease prevention kits to give out to the public to help them enjoy nature and work outside safely. Find out more about their campaign online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 4:36 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Orient: 5:37 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
Greenport: 6:05 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 7:27 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
S. JPT: 7:34 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:31 a.m., 3:06 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 5:35 a.m., 5:57 p.m.
Orient: 6:36 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Greenport: 7:04 a.m., 7:26 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6:59 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:26 p.m., 8:48 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:33 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:37 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.