• We’re expecting rain today, with a high near 47 degrees and a south wind around 8 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain overnight, with a temperature rising to around 49 by 5 a.m. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Wednesday, mainly before 7 a.m., with a high near 56. Snow is likely Thursday, with a high near 34 degrees and new snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a proposed rebate program for septic system upgrades, proposed changes to the town’s film permit and public assembly codes and a request from the Friends of Georgica Pond for an exemption to the trawling and motorized vehicle restrictions in the pond at their 10 a.m. meeting at East Hampton Town Hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss short-term rentals, a home rule request for the Peconic Bay Regional Transportation Council, an assembly permit for the historical society and bids for a groin at Shell Beach and a dock on Congdon Creek at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold public hearings on proposed special permit uses in rural corridor zones and on waiving a site plan for the construction of a pole barn and six greenhouses on 15 acres of land in a conservation easement at Twomey Avenue and Riley Avenue in Calverton at their meeting this afternoon at 2 p.m.
• Southampton Town will host a special meeting to hold the final public hearing on a planned development district for “The Hills at East Quogue” tonight at 6 p.m. in the town hall meeting room. The full agenda is online here.
• A new group called Progressive East End Reformers will hold their first meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the Bridgehampton National Bank’s community room at 2200 Montauk Highway. The group will discuss progressive issues ranging from immigrant rights to health care, environmental justice and housing. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 5:35 a.m., 5:57 p.m.
Orient: 6:36 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Greenport: 7:04 a.m., 7:26 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6:59 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:26 p.m., 8:48 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:33 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:37 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:29 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Orient: 7:30 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Greenport: 7:58 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:53 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:20 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:27 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:39 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.