• As of Saturday, North Fork Bob, the osprey, was in Cuba en route to his summer hunting grounds in Cutchogue. He’ll be checking in again today. Ornithologist Rob Bierregaard’s updates on this spring’s osprey migration are available online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the Montauk shellfish hatchery, the Sherill Foster Farm on North Main Street and drafts of laws regarding taxis and mass gatherings at their 10 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a public hearing on extending the boundaries of the town’s parking district at their 2 p.m. meeting today. They’ll also be setting public hearings on ethics rules and term limits for board members. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss the Long Island Septic System Conference, the June 1 Bike-Boat-Bike bicycling event run by the Suffolk Bicycle Riders Association and the Great Peconic Race at their 1 p.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• Peconic Bay scallop season ended yesterday, and it proved to be a tough one for baymen who worked through the winter. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review, our signature round-up of the week’s top stories, was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your very own copy each week, sign up here. And don’t forget to share the link with your friends!
• We were considering playing a trick on you, but that’s just not very nice. Be careful out there today. Don’t be an April fool.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.