• Showers are likely today, mainly before noon, with cloudy skies and a high temperature near 49 degrees, with a northwest wind 14 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 29. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 44 and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 51.
• Stony Brook School of Marine & Atmospheric Science presents Dr. Christopher Gobler’s annual State of the Bays address this evening at 7 p.m. via Zoom. This year’s topic: “Welcome to the Anthropocene.” Here’s the link.
• Suffolk County reported 824 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, with 4.7 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 376 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 74 of them in ICU and 22 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported seven new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,250 people.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss possible battery energy storage systems and the status of State Environmental Quality Review Act oversight of some development projects at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the Zoom login should be posted on the town’s homepage.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on CPF acquisitions and on a potential refuse and garbage district at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The agenda is here and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel. A phone number will be on the screen for people who wish to call in to speak at the public hearings.
• Today is the fourth anniversary of The Beacon’s monthly print edition, which will be on newsstands throughout the East End by mid-day today. Pick up a copy at these locations. We’re excited to have survived in these tumultuous times!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:08 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
Greenport: 1:37 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:32 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:32 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:59 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:06 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:16 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:52 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:55 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Greenport: 2:32 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:@5 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:27 a.m., 3 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:54 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:01 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:11 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:52 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.